Description: SOLD OUT! This free workshop is ideal for frontline facility service professionals in the commercial, industrial, residential and all other sectors within the cleaning industry. The ISSA Cleaning for Health Workshop: Helping Essential Cleaners Identify Reservoirs for Germs workshop closes gaps in current protections and controls for diseases transmissible by contact, droplet, and aerosol, of which frontline cleaners can be particularly vulnerable. Cleaning businesses can grow and prosper by knowing the reservoirs for germ survival and spread and by viewing ourselves as managers of safety and health in the built environment. All attendees will receive a digital ISSA Certificate of Attendance.
In this three-hour FREE workshop, taught by master trainers in the cleaning industry, you will learn:
- Germs need five elements to spread and cause infection
- The four main pathways that spread germs
- Germs are found in certain places – called reservoirs – and need a pathway to spread to other places and people
- The five reservoirs in the built environment that are important for infection control and cleaning for health
- Cleaning for health actions focuses on decreasing or eliminating the risk of germ survival and spread.
The training course consists of three sessions:
- Session 1 – What Does It Mean to Recognize Risk
- Session 2 – How Germs Spread and Make People Sick
- Session 3 – Human Body and Built Environment Reservoirs Important for the Cleaning Industry.
Participation in this Cleaning for Health Workshop: Helping Essential Cleaners Identify Reservoirs for Germs is free for ISSA Show attendees as a result of a grant award that the association received from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration.*
*This training is presented under Grant Number SH-38958-22-60-F-17, ISSA FY22 Susan Harwood Training Program ARPA Infectious Diseases Grant from the, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration. It does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the U.S. Department of Labor, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. government. *
Fee (member/non-member if applicable) FREE
Day & Time: One-Day Course
Tuesday, November 14 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Register for Workshop: https://na.eventscloud.com/ereg/modifyreg.php?eventid=745642
Register for the show and this Workshop: https://na.eventscloud.com/ereg/index.php?eventid=745642&_gl=1*1i88yz9*_gcl_au*NzEyMjk1OTU2LjE2OTE0Mjg5MTA